missing you.
XOXO

M i s k a r m a l i a


ms.karmalia@gmail.com
July 9, 1987

Music


Busybody

eXTReMe Tracker

Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 4:10 PM

Rain.
Can't believe it! WOW. I guess 2 wks of sunny hot sun. I sure miss Mr Rain. RAIN MORE!

.

Well, I'm back people. Home.

I dunno if i've changed to a better person now after the trip, but that trip is sure one of my most memorable and left most impact in my life- so far. No doubt.

Service Learning Trip as it's called. I gave all i cld giv and in return i learn many many more of little abt LIFE. Oscar, my head leader once mentioned, "This feeling is addictive. This may not be your first and last volunteer trip". I guess that's so true. Those smiles i gave to the children, the joy they showered me each day, those hugs.. laughter... It's priceless. I've already advanced myself up to another voluntery trip in Batam during X'mas.

At first, there's no hockey involved. I'm so used to waking up each trip with a stick on my hand and run ard the field on top of that having a late night the day before. I do feel kinda handicapped there. But as days passed in Laos. I feel connected with the people, kids, environment and rich culture. I learn to take things a moment at a time. PDR as my leaders says. "Please Don't Rush".

During this whole trip, there's also the big hu-ha abt Madonna adopting a child in Malawi on CNN.

Yes- they have CNN, CNBC, BCC, HBO, ESPN. CABLE! I'm always connected with the lastest news on the world- tho my rommies always wants to watch Channel [V]. Hey babes, I still love u all. hehe.

Anw, abt Madonna hu-ha. I guess, i felt first hand how it feels to be a a place when you think you cld make a difference. The looks on the kids. Hw much i felt that myb I'm too spoild to be living a Singapore. Clean drinkable tap water, flush seated toilet. But in the same time, being appreciative and thankful of what i have here. Contradicting rite? I'm confused too.

The feeling that myb, i cld make a difference by adopting one. But hold on. NO, I'm not goin to adopt one. No worries. Little bit too much huh? Well, it's juz something, that kept me thinking when i'm there. I guess, when i've gradguated later and earning on my own.. Will see such situation.

I cld say.
I miss Laos. Anyone that myb chatting with me online or my friends, I keep talking abt my trip. I do apologized if i babble too much abt it. I can't help it. That 2wks there. Every moment is just so real and i wld love to repeat each and everyday.

My Eid Fitri there was the most memorable one also. Spending that morning in the mosque for prayers.. Not that i wld't want to spend it with my family. It's jus different frm my usual morning Raya. damn. Nw, i have to face dumb fake my aunties, uncle who will question i bothered doing volunteery and not being paid. Typical. I hate RAYA cuz of family gatherings.

Anw, I got open house on SAT. Do come people.